CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 2, 2014

#2014BloggerChallenge: New Year's Inspiration

Happy New Year everybody! Today I am writing a post for a blogger challenge that I signed up for last year. Each month I will have two posts published for the challenge. New Year's Inspiration is the very first topic, and I can't wait to share mine with all of you!

Like Gaby, I had a different idea of what I would be writing for this first post. I thought I would pull some of my favorite quotes from Pinterest and talk about how they inspire me. Well...for the past few days, I've seen some of my Facebook friends posting about their 'one word' for 2014.

So, I went and checked out the One Word website, and I love this idea! Basically, you throw New Year's resolutions out the window, and choose one word you want to focus on in the coming year. I thought for a couple of days about what my 'one word' should be, and this is the word I have chosen for myself for 2014.


The word 'reawaken' has double meaning for me this year.

1) I want to reawaken my determination to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle. 
For the last two months of 2013, I didn't really work out too much, and the holidays were a time for a lot of unhealthy eating. While I didn't gain lots of weight back during this time, I know that I feel better when I eat healthy and work out consistently.

2) I want to reawaken my relationship with God and share my faith with others.
When I was a kid, I went to Sunday School and 'big church' every Sunday. I've been saved and baptized, and I know that one day I will be rejoicing in Heaven with Jesus Christ. This year, I need to find a church that I can call home. I want to find a church family, preferably with some people my age, that have similar beliefs as me that want to study the Bible on a deeper level.

This is my inspiration and motivation for the new year. I am so glad I found out about the 'One Word' campaign. I feel like I'm headed in a good direction for 2014.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what your 'one word' for 2014 will be! I'd love to read what y'all have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment