CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekly Weigh-In #9: Stranger Danger!

This Week: -1.2 lbs
Total Loss: -8.2 lbs

Yay! One of my goals is to lose 10 pounds by Easter, so hopefully, I'll hit that goal by then (or possibly earlier!). 

First off, thank you to everyone who read 'My Fat Story' and left me sweet comments and words of encouragement! I really appreciate knowing that you read it and took the time to leave me a note!

Usually, I walk on the treadmill, and occasionally, I will go up to the track at the football stadium. On Friday, I decided I wanted to walk outside, so I made myself a route and ventured on out to do it. In that 2.5 mile span of walking, I almost got ran over by an 18 wheeler, almost had a dog attack me, and some guy I don't know pulled over to ask me if I needed a ride. Stranger danger! Granted, he was probably just trying to do something nice, but I politely told him that I was out walking for exercise. He said okay and drove away. Whew! I think for now I will stick to the treadmill or the track!
The story might be different if Jensen Ackles was asking ;-)
Yesterday, I got on the treadmill to walk 3 miles. At 4 mph, that would be 45 minutes for the whole workout. I ended up staying on the treadmill for 90 minutes and walking 6 miles! I gotta say I was pretty proud of myself for not letting my brain tell me what I could do and just letting my legs do the walking. I even took a picture of myself after I was done because I couldn't believe I was sweating like a contestant on The Biggest Loser!
Gross, but I LOVE it!
I came close to hitting my goal of 2 lbs, but there's no disappointment with my loss this week. I also got in over 10 miles of walking. I want to step up my mileage each week, so I'm going to change my goal to 15 miles a week.

Workouts for the Week
Tuesday- 3 mile walk on the treadmill
Friday- 2.5 mile walk around my neighborhood
Saturday- 4 mile walk on the treadmill
Sunday- 6 mile walk on the treadmill

Total Miles: 15.5 miles

I'm not going to put my goals on here each week anymore because I've created a permanent tab for them at the top of my blog called Fitness Goals. I will write about goals when I achieve them though. 

Hope everyone has a fabulous week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment