CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 16, 2013

Saturday Shenanigans

{Linking up with Sami today for Weekend Shenanigans!}

Sami's Shenanigans

I didn't really do much on Friday or Sunday, so this post is all about my Saturday I spent with these lovely ladies!


Mallory, Emily, and I started the morning at a festival in Sanger, TX where the city's public library was having their annual book sale. I found a few books that sounded interesting, and I only had to pay $5 for them all!


After the book sale, we walked around and browsed the different booths, but we didn't really find anything we had to have. While we were walking downtown, we saw a sign for a garage sale. We followed the signs and ended up at the Masonic Lodge where I found the best deal I've ever gotten at a garage sale...


Isn't she a beaut? I scooped this crock pot up as fast as I could! I was just telling my mom the other day that I needed one that had a removable inner pot. The older crock pots (if they're in good condition) work better than the newer ones with all the 'fancy schmancy' buttons. All you need is off, low, and high, and you're good to go!

Once we were finished shopping, we headed to Denton for lunch at Texas Roadhouse. We were seated by a big poster for Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch in Pilot Point. My sister said, "Let's go there after lunch!" None of us ever do anything spur of the moment. We always have everything planned down to the last detail. Well, somehow, we ended up at the wildlife ranch, and it was a lot of fun!


We were loaded onto a safari tram and saw camels, emus, zebras, zorses, and zedonks. I love how that camel looks like it's ready to give someone a big ol' kiss!


There were also bears and snakes, but of all the animals, I was most scared of this pig! She kept rooting her nose against my leg, and I was afraid she was gonna try to grab a bite! :-D


The sweetest animal there was this white-tailed deer named JD. When he was a baby, a car hit him and shattered part of his skull and jaw. Before he was found by anyone, it had already healed wrong. After being seen by a vet, it was decided that a surgery was not necessary, so they didn't want to risk his life to try and fix it. They said he is in no pain and will live out his days at the ranch. He loved to be petted as you can see in the picture.


By the time we finished up at the ranch, it was pretty hot outside, so we headed to QT for drinks. Our papa loves the frozen cappucino from there, so we all got one of those (our 1st time) and texted him this pic of us drinking them. It was really yummy! I'm glad I don't live closer to a QT, or I would go there more often to get one of them!


So, that's how I spent my Saturday! It was fun and partly unexpected!

1 comment:

  1. Aw what a fun Saturday!!! I love the crockpot. I need one too, great job on the deal!

    ReplyDelete