CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thirty by 30 Revamp

So, as most of you know, my birthday is tomorrow, and I will be turning 28! That means I have exactly two years to complete my Thirty by 30 list I wrote about way back in March. This isn't a post to update you on what I have accomplished because NONE of them have been finished completely!

I'm writing this post because I want to tweak a couple of the items on my list and totally change 5 of them. At first, I didn't think I should change any of it, but if I've lost interest in something on the list or I don't see it meshing well with what's currently happening in my life, it would be best to go another direction.

My tab at the top will also be updated with my changes if you want to check out the whole list.

Original #1: Run a 5K.
Tweak: Complete a 5K in public.

I don't know if I will ever be able to run a whole 5K at one time, but I do know I want to finish one in public, more importantly, away from the comfort zone of my treadmill.

Original #4: Audition for a community theatre play or musical.
Change: Take a dance class.

I don't really have any interest in acting in a play or musical anymore, so I changed it to taking a dance class. I would love to learn some Latin ballroom dances!

Original #5: Get a teaching job.
Tweak: Get a full-time job.

I'm so close to being able to cross this one off my list! I don't want to jinx myself though, so I'll probably wait until I am able to step foot on the ship before I cross it off.

Original #10: Get my master's degree.
Change: Go skydiving.


Two completely different things! I feel like if I return to the classroom at some point, then it will be a good idea to get my master's degree. Until that happens, I changed it to skydiving.

Original #13: Go on a cruise with my mom and sister.
Change: Have a bachelorette party for Emily.

My mom seems to have no interest in going on a cruise, so I'm changing it to a bachelorette party for Emily. Nothing crazy or anything, but I was thinking about a weekend trip somewhere for us girls.

Original #18: Buy a new car.
Change: Buy myself a 'real' piece of jewelry.


Sure, a new car would be nice, but I don't need (or want) to buy one when my Corolla works just fine. *knock on wood* All my jewelry is cheap costume stuff that I've bought from department stores, so I want to buy myself a 'real' piece of jewelry that I would LOVE to pass down to a daughter or granddaughter one day.

Original #21: Pass additional certification tests for teaching.
Change: Host a Pinterest party.

Again, since I'm not currently teaching in the classroom, I figured this should be put on hold when and if that happens. I think hosting a Pinterest party would be so much fun!

Two years to go...I better get busy!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    I love #18. It's on my list to do in the next year.

    What's a Pinterest party? I know what Pinterest is... but not party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Katy!! :) Hope you have a wonderful year and that you accomplish all you set out to do!

    ReplyDelete