CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Clueless About Cars

I love my car. It's a white 2003 Toyota Corolla. It gets me where I need to go and isn't a gas guzzler. I love it so much that I'm sure when I buy a new car I will stick with Toyota. Specifically, an FJ Cruiser.
Via
 Anyway, what I'm here to talk about today is that I'm the stereotypical girl that knows nothing about cars. I can lock it, put gas in it, start it, and drive it. That's pretty much it.

The other day I was driving to my sister's, and the 'check engine' light came on. I had to pull over to the nearest gas station, and look up in the manual what the light meant. Then, I called my sister to make sure it was okay to drive. She said it was, and I did make it there safe and sound. I'm still not sure exactly why it came on. My mom said something to do with emissions. All I know is my stepdad made it go away.

Just this past year I realized that the arrow under the fuel gauge shows you what side of the car the gas tank is on. I have always looked in my rearview mirror to make sure I had my car on the right side of the gas pump.

And I kid you not, when I was driving home from my sister's, I had on a sapphire ring. It hit the sunlight in just the right way that it shimmered in my car. I seriously thought, "What does that blue light mean that is flashing on my car? I've never seen that before." I quickly realized it was my ring, and I felt totally ridiculous.

Oh, and this happened when I tried to pull in to my sister's garage. I've never said I was a good driver.

So, what's the moral of this story? I need to find a man to do all these car things for me! Hahaha, but really, I want to learn for myself how to change a tire and how to jump start a car. Hopefully, I would never need to put those skills to use, but it'd be nice to know how to do it.

Maybe I should add this to my list of reading material...

3 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same way with my car, which is actually a 2003 Toyota Echo. I even have a matching mark on the side of my car from a yellow pole that came out of nowhere! Ha! But even though I don't take very good care of it, I love my little echo and will definitely miss it when I finally upgrade.

    And just letting you know, I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! I've been with my dad when he changed the tire on my old car, so I'm pretty sure when push comes to shove, I'll remember enough to do it myself. But as for everything else like checking the oil, jupstarting, etc etc....it's not gonna happen haha. But thanks for telling us about that arrow pointing to the side the fuel door is on! I did not know that, and am totally going to have to check and see if it's my car too!

    Oh, and I also had a paint mark on my old car from scraping a brown pole trying to park--the first weekend I had my license haha! I guess it's fairly common ; ]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl i cant drive or put gas in it...so way to go with your knowledge on vehicles.

    ReplyDelete