CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April Accomplishments Update

At the beginning of April, I posted a list of 10 things I wanted to do before the month was over. Here's how I did...

1) Read 3 books
I only finished Ready Player One and just started Devil in the Details a few days ago.

2) Lose 8 pounds
That didn't happen.

3) Celebrate my mom's 50th birthday
We ate at Texas Roadhouse with our family. My sister and I are still trying to figure out what symphony performance to take her to.

4) Sign up for a swap
Yes! I sent my package off to Taylor on Monday. I can't wait to receive my package from her! There will be a post about this on May 7.
The inside is more exciting, but I can't ruin the surprise!
5) Try a new restaurant
On Saturday, my sister and I tried a new place called Thai Ocha in Denton. It was good, but there is one in Frisco that we like a lot better.

6) See a movie at the theater
Mallory and I also went to the movies on Saturday. We saw The Place Beyond the Pines. The movie has rave reviews, but I didn't like it. I thought surely I couldn't go wrong seeing a movie with Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper. Definitely not one I will be watching again.
Via
7) Register for a Color Run
No, it just didn't work out to be in my budget this month.

8) Get my eyebrows threaded or waxed
This was supposed to be my 10 pound weight loss reward, and I still haven't done it. My regular lady, Mary, has been in the hospital for a long time, and I don't trust anyone but her. I'm in denial about needing to find a new person to do them.

9) Stay off Facebook for one week
This one was a lot easier than I thought it would be. After that week was finished and I got back on it, I realized I'm not as addicted to it as I used to be. Now I don't check it multiple times a day, and I don't read every single thing that each of my friends has posted. Maybe I'm not as nosy as I thought! ;-)

10) Go to a hockey game
Mallory had been wanting to go to a Dallas Stars game all season, so I finally told her I would go with her if she still wanted to. Of course, she did. I think watching hockey on TV is extremely boring, but seeing it live was so much fun! I'm not a violent person, but I liked seeing the players punch each other and push each other against the glass. That's part of the hockey experience, right? The season is over now, but we're going to go back next season.
Go Stars!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've tagged you for the Liebster Award in my latest post. I'll be glad if you do it.

    ReplyDelete